Nomination and Application Process for Exchange Students and Free-Movers
Exchange students coming from partner universities must be nominated by their home institution. Free-movers* (or students from non-partner universities) do not need to be nominated and can apply directly.
First semester 2018 (March - July): October 15th
Second semester 2018 (August - December): April 15th
First semester 2018 (March - July): November 1st
Second semester 2018 (August - December): April 30th
Mandatory Orientation Program:
Each semester a compulsory program is offered the Friday before the semester begins. This activity aims at helping students learn how to navigate the University, learn about social and academic resources/programs, receive academic advice, enroll in classes, meet new people, begin to make connections and get questions answered.
Second semester 2018 (August - December): July 27th, 2018. An optional city tour is offered on July 28th.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 and good academic standing at home College or University.
- At least 18 years of age when starting the program at UTDT.
- A minimum of 4 semesters of college-level Spanish or proof of having at least a B2 level (only for courses taught in Spanish)
- For MBA courses: be at least 26 years of age and have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Application form
- Official University transcript in English or Spanish including the grades of most recent semester and an explanation of the grading system used at the home University
- Proof of Spanish language proficiency
- One page CV (resume)
- Copy of personal information page of passport (if you have multiple passports, please only send copy of the one you will use to enter Argentina)
- Passport size photo for picture ID
- Architecture students must also submit a 5-20 page portfolio in .pdf format. with a weight of less than 10 MB. They will also be required to have an admissions interview in Spanish, via Skype.
- Send scanned copies of all application materials in one single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not necessary to send printed copies.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed!
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application is received.
- Admissions decisions will be communicated via email approximately 3 weeks after the application deadline.
*As a free mover, upon acceptance, and in order to ensure a place at UTDT, you will have to pay a fee equivalent to the cost of one course. The information on how to make this payment will be sent in the acceptance package.
Course registration process:
In the Application Form please complete the course selection* with up to 6 courses in order of preference. We will pre-register you in them and you will try them in the Add and Drop Period. Since course times are published approximately 2 weeks before the semester begins, we will confirm your registration during the Orientation Program. You will only be able to add or drop courses during the first 2 weeks of classes. After this period all courses will appear on your transcript.
*Please take into consideration that some universities are closed in August, because of the summer break, and might not answer you in the Add and Drop Period with your course's confirmation. To avoid this, please ask your university to approve extra courses before arriving in Argentina.